Yeah… After some months using monotone repository, Mamona team decided to migrate to git. Reasons?
- Performance: Some things that you can do while mtn works..
- ‘mtn status’: you can check irc messages
- ‘mtn update’: take some coffee
- ‘mtn pull’: make the coffee
- Monotone ‘propagate’ issues: If your branch starts to become very different from the main branch, get prepared, you will probably experience problems with propagation. It seems that monotone doesn’t deal very well with directory removals. It wouldn’t so bad if the errors were made to help the monotone user to fix the problem, but actually errors that show node numbers are just useful to monotone developers…
After one month of use we just experienced problems with git-push-http that was breaking during the push, but after a git upgrade the problem was solved. Until now, no problems to create many branches and work with them. Thanks to Canola guys for help me to set up the git repository and to show me the basic and some advanced commands